This is my go-to comfort food in the Fall! It feels so naughty but it’s not. It is a must try this week!
They are “whipped potatoes” and no where in this recipe will you find potatoes! Instead we will be using cauliflower!
We choose this due to the many health benefits of cruciferous vegetables (phytonutrients and vitamin C). Choosing cauliflower over potatoes will keep your blood sugars regular and insulin levels normal. Aside from all these wonderful health benefits these are delicious! You will be addicted!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs (chives and basil both work particularly well)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- ½ Cup Onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1. Chop cauliflower into smaller chunks – about bite-size pieces works well.
- 2. Peel garlic cloves and cut in half, lengthwise. Chop onion into slices.
- 3. Steam cauliflower, garlic and onion for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower and garlic are tender enough for a fork to easily pass through.
- 4. Combine steamed cauliflower, garlic, onion, olive oil, fresh herbs, pepper, and sea salt in a food processor and blend until everything comes together into a mashed potato-like consistency. I like mine whipped.
- Top with a little pepper for looks and enjoy your guilt free whipped potatoes.