Kick the sugar addition for good! I think it’s a perfect time to get rid of your sugar habit. The holidays are over, the day of LOVE is done (mind you I think everyday is a good day to love yourself and others), and the focus now is your trip south or getting in shape for summer! Believe it or not, if you want to look and feel great this summer now is the time to start. Don’t know where to start? No worries! I am here to save the day and to conquer your sugar mood swings! You know you have them!! So here is your game plan! All you have to do is read this over and follow this plan! It can be for a minimum of one day or as many as 3.
First of all, why is sugar bad? When you consume excess sugar that your body can’t use it is then turned into fat by the body. Sugar can cause hormonal changes and mood swings. New studies show that excess sugar causes ageing of the skin. As we know sugar is also addictive. The more you eat it the more you want it. Sugar is known to creep in places where you may not expect. Canned foods, boxed products and processed foods are often loaded with hidden sugars. The good news is the longer sugar is out of your system the less you will crave. Ideally, what you want to do is be in a place where your sugar fix comes from a fresh piece of fruit.
Are you ready for your sugar detox? Here it comes…
*How much water do I drink? For the next 3 days drink 3 liters spread out throughout each day. My personal favorite is using a stainless steel water bottle. I bring this bottle with me everywhere I go! Keep it in your sight and you will be reminded to re-fill and keep drinking!
*Need an energy boost? Drink a cup of green tea. Green tea has some caffeine to help you through the afternoon slump but also contains those mighty antioxidants that help in preventing ageing and so much more!
*Craving a sugary cocktail drink? Try this! It is refreshing and feels fancy! You won’t even realize how healthy it is!! (that right, I slip health into you all like you are my bad little children. Don’t judge, I have to do what I have to do!). This drink is mainly Ginger and Lemon, two superfoods. Here are the health benefits to your delicious drink:
- Lemon has a high vitamin C content that helps to improve resistance to infection, making it effective against colds and flu. Once it’s ingested it has an alkaline effect within the body. This is great for restoring internal balance during times of inflammation. It also stimulates liver detoxification and is a great antioxidant.
- Ginger is great for digestive issues such as indigestion, gas, and nausea. It stimulates the circulation, and helps blood flow to the surface. This helps to reduce blood pressure and relieves poor circulation of the hands and feet. Finally, its warming and soothing for coughs, colds and flu. It is amazing!
DAMY Lemon-Ginger Longevity
In a blender:
One freshly squeezed lemon
2 Tbsp grated ginger
1 Tbsp of stevia
Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a slice of ginger on the side of the glass.
What to eat for the next 3 days…
For the DAMY Sugar Detox you will need (Grocery list):
- Lean Chicken Breast
- Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Sweet Potato
Fruits and Veggies:
- Frozen Mixed Berries or Blueberries
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Balsamic Vinegar (to top salad, chicken, or veggies)
- Ground Flax (tops salad or oatmeal)
- Stevia (sprinkle a little on top of your pancake or berries)
- Fresh ginger
- Olive Oil
- *More listed below
Your DAMY Sugar Detox Menu
3 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp flax
1/4 cup blueberries water
(make it into a pancake! It is so much fun! See recipe below)
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 sweet potato
3 oz grilled chicken
2 Cups spinach salad with cucumbers, red peppers, and balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp hummus
1 cup raw veggies
3 oz salmon
1/2 sweet potato
1 cup green veggies
2 cups of salad wt balsamic vinegar
3 oz baked chicken breast
1/2 cup sliced zucchini
1/2 cup asparagus
2 cups of salad with balsamic vinegar
Snack: 15 almonds
Breakfast Recipe – Protein Pancake
1/2 dry quick oats
1/4 cup egg white
1/4 blue berries
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp almond milk
Place in a frying pan and cook like a pancake.
Your Guide for the next 3 days:
*WHEN TO EAT
You need to eat every 2-3 hours. This will re-program your body! Doing so speeds up your metabolism and helps you burn fat. Your body says “hey, I’m going to be getting more in a couple hours…I’ll burn this as energy.” Going long periods of time without eating makes your body store fat, and your energy levels drop resulting in sugar cravings… period.
When grocery shopping, only buy the food on your list. If it’s not on your meal plan (or we haven’t talked about it) don’t bring it into your home.
At DAMY Health I recommend that each of my clients take a good quality multi-vitamin and 1 tablespoon of ground flax in the am on their oatmeal. I would suggest the same to each of you. The flax is amazing! It makes you feel full and has a small laxative effect. Do you know that the average person has 10 extra pounds of waste in their system??? Eat that flax and get rid of it.
Try to use low-sodium, low sugar. Low-sodium soy, mustard, hot sauce, salsa are all great choices. Get rid of the salt!
Get to know your spices! Spice is amazing! All spices are more than welcome! Cinnamon in the morning on your oatmeal is the BEST! Cinnamon is known to balance blood sugars! It also combats bad breath!!
We have a list of foods that are known as “free”. This means that you can add these foods to any meal at anytime! These foods include: mushrooms, celery, onion, garlic (a natural antibiotic), lettuce, and peppers! Use these foods to dress up your meals! Sick of egg whites??? Scramble your egg whites with the peppers, onion, mushrooms and dress with some salsa! Hello!!! Yummy!!! And sooo good for you!
- This plan is here to get you off your sugar habit in a hurry. Stick to the plan and don’t give into the sugar cravings in the beginning. The longer you are off the sugar the easier it is!
- Focus on eliminating all artificial sweeteners and products out of our diet (chemicals can be just as bad as the real thing. Stick to small amounts of stevia).
- Let’s make sure that pre-packaged foods are not creeping back in! – Concentrate on whole natural foods for the entire family.
- Always buy organic where you can! This includes your meat and eggs! Always look for free-range organic. If you can buy organic do so!
- Make sure you are getting a good source of protein at every meal, eating every 2-3 hours, only consuming healthy fats, limiting alcohol consumption, drinking at least 3-4 liters of water a day, and avoiding chemicals!
- Do not starve on this plan! If you find yourself hungry you can increase your protein (portion sizes of egg whites, chicken, fish etc.) and you can always add more vegetables!!!
You can do this for one day at least! Commit to it. It is only one day of your life! Just see how you feel the next day. My bet is you feel light, have more energy, and are craving less junk. This may just be the perfect detox that sets you on a long path to success. Give yourself one day! It may turn into 3 days or better yet it may spark your fire to get on a long term plan that will get you to your goals!!!
DAMY Natural Weight Loss Programs
***DAMY Health long term eating plans are not this strict or regimented. They provide you with choices and freedom. This is just a cleanse made for 3 days max.
If you are serious about losing weight and looking for a more results like a tight, fit physique the DAMY Health Bikini Body Program is for you – Click here for more details.
If you are new to health and fitness or want to live a healthier lifestyle the DAMY Method plan is for you. Click here for more details.
NOTE: To receive 20% OFF our Online Programs simply sign up for our FREE 31 Tips to a Healthier You here.
*Before beginning any diet or exercise regimen please consult your physician.