These little cookie dough bites are just awesome. They are simple, quick to make and easy to take with you anywhere. These are great as a snack, pre or post workout or for an on-the-go fuel up. If you have been craving something yummy this is a great snack that tastes like a treat.
I love to have 2 of these before my workout. They don’t make you feel extra full and they give you that boost you need for a great workout.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- 2 Cups of Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Cup of Pitted Dates
- 3 Scoops of Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut (optional)
- ¼ Cup Ground Flax (optional)
- ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips
- 3 Tbsp Almond Butter
- ¼ Cup Water
You can use any natural protein powder. To see what protein powders are natural flip them over and take a peak at the ingredients. You want a short list with no sugars or artificial sweeteners.
We are adding 4-5 chocolate chips to each ball. We add these to the outside of the balls so that the chocolate is visual and the flavour hits your tongue without loading these with chocolate.
- Add your two cups of dry roasted peanuts to your food processor and blend until it is peanut flour.
- Add your 3 scoops protein powder and pulse until blended.
- Add your unsweetened coconut and ground flax and pulse until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, almond butter, dates, and water. Blend until cookie dough texture.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place in a bowl. Begin rolling protein balls into 1 inch balls.
- Press 4-5 chocolate chips into the sides of your protein balls.
- Place balls on a plate or in a container, cover and place in the fridge.
Serving is 2 cookie dough balls.
Enjoy these delicious bites. I have some more amazing protein creations coming!
*Special Note – These tend to be quite sticky. Placing these in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before rolling will help. I like to use two metal spoons to do my rolling.
I picked up the new coffee table version of ‘The Science of Mind.’ We now have three copies… one on each beside table and one on the coffee table. It’s safe to say we love this book!