Happy Saturday! This is my gift to you! I have been like a chemist the last few weeks in the kitchen. As you can probably tell by my posts I’ve had some requests for sweet treats! Sooo I’ve created for you guilt-free sweet treats! Now, for some of my creations I would suggest using as an actual treat but these little babies that I’m about to present to you are an exception to the rule. I’ve created these with such natural, simple ingredients that they can be used as a snack. Whaaaat?! Yep, it’s true. Side note – If you are a DAMY Method Member or Bikini Body Member you can have two of these cookies for meal number 2! Don’t you love me today (only exception – Bikini Body Members in the last 4 weeks… email me if you have questions). This recipe is guilt-free, full of fiber, packed with protein, is flourless, and easily gluten-free (*I never fully commit to saying gluten-free because there can be gluten found in unsuspecting places. Ex. vanilla extract that’s not gluten-free – so if you are gluten sensitive please be careful to take the extra steps to ensure your cookie is 100% gluten-free!).
I know many of you have heard about my taste tester. So I’d like to give you his words when trying my Healthy Chocolate Fudge Cookies yesterday. He said, and I quote, “WHAAAT, what is in these??? How did you do this??? These are amazing!!! You should be famous…” So I think it’s safe to say these are a must try! Without further adieu, I present to you…
Healthy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (flourless, gluten-free and high protein)
- 2 tbsp coco powder (all natural – no sugar added)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup agave + 2 tbsp (or for no-sugar use stevia)
- ½ cup peanut butter (or almond butter, cashew butter or tahini butter)
- 5 dates
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut unsweetened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Place all ingredients (excluding the coconut) into the food processor and blend until smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides).
- Toast your coconut (unsweetened/shredded) in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. Sprinkle coconut with 1 packet of stevia before adding to the food processor.
- Pulse coconut into mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Add scoops of cookie batter to parchment paper spacing them out so they do not touch. I made mine fairly big so it ended up being two separate batches.
- Bake for 26 minutes – check on these often as every oven is so different!
- Place on a wire rack and let cool. These can be kept in a container or can also be frozen (freezing in pairs of twos will give you an easy to grab snack without overindulging.
*For an extra protein boost feel free to add 1 or 2 scoops of protein powder and 1/4 cup of warm water before blending.
*For a special treat feel free to top with DAMY Cream Cheese Icing and toasted coconut!
DAMY Members – 2 Cookies for meal 2 (If you are on the last 4 weeks of the bikini body or are 5 pounds from your goals these are not a snack option (meal 2)).
Love the gluten-free, flourless and guilt-free recipes? Check out these high protein, zero guilt DAMY Kitchen Creations!
- DAMY Breaksticks
- Peanut Butter Coconut and Carrot Cake Squares
- Healthy Key Lime Cheesecake with Whipped Coconut Cream
- The Secret Uses of Cauliflower (cauliflower crust pizza, fried rice, and whipped potatoes)