I don’t know about you but ever since I was a child I’ve loved Eatmore Bars. It’s probably been over 3 years since I’ve had one. Let me tell you – I still think about them. For the last few days I’ve literally created about 15 different recipes in the kitchen half of which have failed…lol…seriously not my week. BUT it’s all worth it because of these. I came up with a killer Eatmore-like Protein Bar. These are now going to be a staple in my home. These are fast to make, easy to take with you, loaded with protein, fiber, healthy fats, and provide pure energy! Try these as your mid-morning snack or pre/post-workout fuel. Honestly, I’m begging you to try these this week and come back and tell me how much you love them (then tell me how much you love me for creating them! lol). Enjoy this awesome new snack (that tastes like a treat) from DAMY Health.
Healthy Eatmore Protein Bars
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup dates
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 3 scoops protein powder
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- Add peanuts, flax, protein powder, cocoa powder and unsweetened coconut to food processor.
- Pulse until peanuts are in small pieces (think Sundae Topping consistency).
- Add dates, peanut butter and start blending. Add water slowly and as needed (if you need more go for it – just use ¼ cup amounts at a time).
- Blend until dough like but with still visible pieces of peanut.
- Remove dough and form into 2.5 inch by 1 inch bars (think LARABAR size).
- Tip – What I like to do is take the entire ball of dough between two pieces of saran wrap. One covering the counter and one covering the top of the dough and flatten the dough out by hand like you would a pie crust.
- Use a butter knife to cut into bar shapes.
- Wrap each bar individually in saran wrap.
- Story in the refrigerator.
Serving is 1 bar per snack.