So lately I know it seems as though I’ve been obsessed with limes. This is because I have been! I’ve been sipping on my mojito water, snacking on my lime greek yogurt parfaits and dreaming about Key Lime Cheesecake! Well ladies and gentlemen I’ve created a masterpiece!
No where in this recipe will you find anything not natural and not even a drop of cream cheese. Cream cheese is not evil but it is loaded with fat with little nutrient value. I’ve replaced this with healthy fats and protein! This is sweetened naturally and I think you’ll find the ingredients quite surprising. Down to the whipped topping these ingredients are not expected yet come together like a musical masterpiece! Can you tell I’m excited about this? This is so darn good that fights broke out about who was going to lick the bowl! Here it is… your next treat!
Healthy Key Lime Cheesecake with Whipped Coconut Cream
Ingredients (I doubled these ingredients to fill 5 ramekins. The amount listed should be enough for a 4 inch spring-bottom pan):
- 1/2 Cups Cashew Butter
- 3/4 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Lime Zest
- 3 Pitted Dates
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Place all above listed ingredients into your food processor. Process until smooth and creamy stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- *Now I didn’t have a spring-form pan and didn’t want to fight with the cheesecakes to get them out of the dishes so I lined the ramekins with cling wrap before I placed the mix in. Of course they will turnout much prettier if you have a spring-form pan. I’m quite happy with the individual size cheesecakes that came out.
- Place cheesecake mixture in your lined ramekins or springform pan. Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer overnight.
- The next day remove from freezer and remove cling wrap both onto and underneath. Place on a plate or back in the ramekin. Top with lime zest, freshly toasted coconut, and coconut whipped cream (see recipe below). Serve immediately as a frozen treat.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Place can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight to separate the coconut cream from the oil.
- Open can and scrape only the thick coconut cream from the top half of the can.
- Place in your food processor (or use a hand-held mixer). Whip until it is the consistency of whip cream. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Top your cheesecake with this delicious natural cream!
This cheesecake can be adapted to any of the citrus flavours. I’m going to be doing some different versions to share with you all. This is a must-try recipe. It is shocking how delicious it really is. David just kept saying “how did you make it taste like cheesecake???” It is simply the perfect treat.