I’m so excited to share this post with you. Today I’m going to present you with my DAMY Healthy Protein Cookies.
These protein packed cookies are perfect for your everyday snack. Every ingredient I’ve chosen to create these cookies is a superfood all on it’s own. Below I will list the benefits of the main ingredients of these awesome cookies. These are sure to become something you always have on hand.
Be sure to see all the delicious varieties of these cookies below including: chocolate chip, fruit thumb print, chocolate fudge, and date-center. Get excited! Cookies are back on your menu!
Main Ingredient Benefits
These cookies are powerhouse snacks. Not only are they high in protein but the ingredients have a variety of health benefits and can actually help you lose weight.
– The combination of healthy fats and fiber in the flaxseed help you stay full longer, control your blood sugars and actually help you lose body fat or maintain fat loss. For anyone that has regulation issues ground flax is a must in your daily routine.
– These are delicious, extremely versatile, high in protein, and a great source of complex carbohydrates for energy. These beans are a whole food all on their own. They are one of the few foods that are a complete protein. This is why they’re often a favourite of vegetarians and vegans but everyone can benefit from using chickpeas.
– I love dates because they contain potassium. Potassium is lost when we workout so it’s extremely important to replace it. Dates are high in insoluble fiber, so again, great for regularity, maintaining satiety, and weight loss.
– Almonds are high in vitamin E, healthy fats, a great source of protein and fiber. It’s one of my favourite fats due to all its benefits.
Protein Powder and Egg Whites
– These two products, again, bring up the protein content of these cookies making them “Protein Cookies.” We consume protein to repair our muscles, ignite and maintain our metabolism, to stay full longer, to maintain healthy muscle, to improve our hair, nails, skin, to keep our hormones in balance and maintain overall health. *To make these vegan you can try a ‘flax egg.’
DAMY Original Protein Cookie
This is for the everyday snack. I love this simple cookie for my mid-morning snack or for pre or post workouts. It works great to throw in a baggie for on-the-go snacking.
- 2 scoops natural protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup agave & 2 tbsp (for no-sugar stevia)
- ½ cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 5 dates
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut unsweetened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Place all ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides).
- If you find the mixture too thick add ¼ cup of warm water and blend again.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Scoop batter onto baking sheet in the form of cookies. Make sure the cookies do not touch.
- Bake for 26 minutes – check on these often as every oven is so different! You want these to be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack and let cool completely. I would suggest to store these in the fridge to keep. They are great to eat straight from the fridge and can also be frozen! Think about freezing and simply taking them out individually as a snack when desired.
*To make these into a treat for the occasional indulgence or for a party top with any of our delicious icing like this Chocolate Fudge Icing.
DAMY Members – 2 Cookies for meal 2 (If you are on the last 4 weeks of the bikini body or are 5 pounds from your goals these are not a snack (meal 2) option).
DAMY Healthy Protein Cookie Variations
DAMY Healthy Protein Thumb Print Cookies
This is a great way to spice up the regular DAMY Protein Cookie. The kids will love these as a snack as well. As long as your jam or fruit you use has no added sugar this will be just fine as a snack option.
You will need: unsweetened natural organic jam, fruit spread or unsweetened apple sauce.
- After following the baking instructions for the DAMY Original Protein Cookies recipe let cookies cool on a cooling rack. Once cool cut out a hole in the top of the cookie (be sure to leave the bottom in tact) and place fruit in the centre.
- If you plan on making these for guests or an event it is best to prep the cookies for the jam then add the jam fresh just before serving.
DAMY Healthy Protein Date Cookies (power ball centre)
These cookies are powerful and loaded with health benefits. This DAMY Healthy Protein Date Cookie is great for a mid-morning, pre or post workout snack! With this cookie you receive the powerful combination of the DAMY Protein Power Ball and the Original Protein Cookie all-in-one! The taste combination is amazing!
- After following the baking instructions for the DAMY Original Protein Cookies recipe let cookies cool on a cooling rack. Once cool cut out a hole in the top of the cookie and place a previously prepared DAMY Protein Power Ball in (To find the DAMY Protein Power Ball recipe click here).
- Press in power ball (flatten).
- Top with extra coconut and ground flax if desired.
Healthy Protein Chocolate Fudge Cookies
DAMY Healthy Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are a great way to get your chocolate chip cookie fix without the guilt (or ramifications). If you’re trying to lose weight or are at your last 10 lb mark this is a recipe you would want to use as a treat or once in a while.
This is a wonderful alternative for children as there’s no shortening, no butter, no cream, no crap. Of course the chocolate chips make them something I would not suggest to have daily for most people. These are more of a treat and are to be eaten in moderation.
- Follow the DAMY Original Protein Cookies recipe.
- Before placing in the oven (after your cookie batter is on the pan in the form of your cookies ready for baking) add chocolate chips by pressing on top into the dough. Use dark chocolate chips or carob chips (what I used – I always suggest chocolate to be 80% coco). Here instead of loading your cookies with these chips all throughout the cookie you are only having them on top. This way the chocolate hits your taste buds for the full flavour and you get the visual of chocolate yet end up eating way less!
Tips I use to keep from the temptation of over eating these treat varieties:
- When I make a batch of the DAMY Original Protein Cookies for the week I just make a couple with chocolate chips as a treat on the end of the pan. This way I am not tempted to over-indulge in the chocolate chip variety. Doing so I limit the amount in the house.
- If you want to make a batch but are worried you can’t control yourself freeze them in baggies of 2s. This way you can reach for 2 when you want the treat but know you have a limit and they are also out of sight and out of mind.
- Another great tip I use when buying the chocolate chips to keep myself from having too many left over is buying in bulk. I only buy about a ¼ cup that is need for my baking. If there is ever any leftovers I throw them into a cupboard where I can not reach in my kitchen. Again, out of sight out of mind.
***If you are a DAMY Health Method, Lifestyle or Bikini Body Member and want to know your portion size and how to fit these into your week please email me and we will discus it. There are different answers for each of you!