As you can tell lately I’ve been obsessed with easy, quick-to-grab protein snacks. I’m the type of person that enjoys protein shakes but when I want to get my protein in and have something tasty to eat sometimes I just want real food. These Protein Balls are the solution. If you have been craving sugar yet are not consuming real sugar these are food you. They are sweet but only from natural sources. Please make sure your protein powder is plain and all-natural. Here is more information on protein powder. If you love these Key Lime Pie Protein Balls you also may love these recipes:
Key Lime Pie Protein Balls
These are tangy, sweet, all-natural and packed with protein. For DAMY Members two of these are great for meal 2.
- 2 Cups of Cashews
- 1 Cup of Pitted Dates
- 3 Scoops of Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut (optional)
- ¼ Cup Ground Flax (optional)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Zest of 1 Lime
- ¼ Cup Water
- Add your two cups of cashews to your food processor and blend until it is flour.
- Add your 3 scoops protein powder and pulse until blended.
- Add your unsweetened coconut and ground flax and pulse until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest, dates, and water. Blend until dough texture.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place in a bowl. Begin rolling protein balls into 1 inch balls.
- Roll protein balls in coconut until completely covered (I prefer to toast the coconut)
- Place balls on a plate or in a container, cover and place in the fridge.
Recommended serving is 2 Key Lime Pie Protein Balls.
*Special Note – These tend to be quite sticky. Placing these in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before rolling will help. I like to use two metal spoons to do my rolling.
Note about Calories
I’ve received a couple emails asking for calorie content. The Amy Layne Paradigm Blog is an extension of my DAMY Health Programs. This is a place where I share free information for individuals that are not on one of the DAMY Health Programs. Everything I provide on this blog is in-tune with my methods and programs. Through my education, professional experience and personal transformation I know that counting calories is unneccessary. Yes, some people have found success through counting calories but with my programs and methods you do not need to do so. My programs are based on nutrients and macronutrient balancing. I do all that work for my clients and they simply just follow their game plans. So here you will not be finding the calories to any of my recipes. What you will find is that they are all-natural, fat, carbohydrate and protein balanced, and clean energy for the body. If you are looking for more than just the recipes feel free to join the DAMY Team! My programs are extremely cost effective, have a huge support system and will free you from dieting. Free yourself of counting calories!