I have taken 3 of my favorite Jamie Eason protein bar recipes and have given them a DAMY twist. If you don’t know who Jamie is here is what you need to know. She is a stunning fitness model that only becomes more beautiful once you speak with her. She is as kind and beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She is one of the few women in the fitness industry I can truly say I admire as a person. Here I have taken her “Lemon Protein Bar Recipe” eliminated the chemical sweeteners and gave them a twist! I also decided to make these protein bars in muffin tins. This saves me time! I can just pop them right onto the cooing rack. No fussing with waiting to have them cook and then cutting them. They are already portioned out for me. You can bake them in an 8X8 baking dish or use the tins like me!
Thank you Jamie for this awesome protein bar idea and simply for being you! They are now a staple in my home and menu. Stay tuned this week for the other Jamie Eason inspired protein bar recipes!
Strawberry Lemon Protein Bars
(made in muffin tins)
- 1 Cup Oat Flour *see notes below
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
- ½ Squeezed Lemon (pulp and all)
- Zest of ½ a Lemon
- 6-8 Packets Stevia
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Cup Pureed Strawberries *see notes below
- ½ Cup Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Oat Flour Directions – To make oat flour simply take dry oatmeal and blend it until it is flour consistency.
Strawberry Puree Directions – Next puree strawberries using a blender or food processor. Make enough to have ½ cup of strawberry puree. Set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and blended.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil).
- Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
- Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
*Makes 12 protein bars/muffins.
**Serving size for women is 2 (4 for men).
***DAMY Members can have 2 for meal 2 or 4.