Say hello to my husband’s favourite protein bar/muffin yet! These protein bars/muffins are bursting with blueberry flavour. This is a healthy low carb twist on the classic blueberry muffin. Enjoy day 3 of my protein bar/muffin series.
*All these protein bar recipes can be made in a lightly greased 8 x 8 baking dish then cut into squares OR you can make them in muffin tins like I choose to. Either way they are delicious.
Blueberry Protein Bars (Blueberry Protein Muffins)
(made in muffin tins)
- 1 Cup Oat Flour *see notes below
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
- 6-8 Packets Stevia
- 2 Tbsp Lemon
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Cup Pureed Blueberries *see notes below
- ½ Cup Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt *See Greek Yogurt Tip below
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Oat Flour Directions - To make oat flour simply take dry oatmeal and blend it until it is flour consistency.
Blueberry Puree Directions – Next puree blueberry using a blender or food processor. Make enough to have 1 cup of blueberry puree. Set to the side.
Tip: If you are running low on time or don’t want to puree your own fruit you can always buy jars of organic baby food. 8 oz of baby food in the jar is 1 cup of fruit.
*Greek Yogurt Tip – If you do not have Greek Yogurt on hand you can use non-fat or dry curd cottage cheese in its place (simply puree the cottage cheese first).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and blended.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil).
- Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
- Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
*Makes 12 protein bars/muffins.
**Serving size for women is 2 (4 for men).
***DAMY Members can have 2 for meal 2 or 4.