These are one of my favourite bar/muffin recipes yet! It’s almost my favourite… My favourite will be coming tomorrow! That’s so far. There are more to come and I’m sure I’ll fall more in love with another lol. These truly do taste like carrot cake. They are just perfect for that sweet tooth or baked-goods craving. The best part… they are guilt free! Enjoy day 4 of my protein bar/muffin series.
*All these protein bar recipes can be made in a lightly greased 8 x 8 baking dish then cut into squares OR you can make them in muffin tins like I choose to. Either way they are delicious.
Carrot Cake Protein Bars (Carrot Cake Protein Muffins)
(made in muffin tins)
- 1 Cup Oat Flour *see notes below
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
- ¼ Cup Stevia
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Egg Whites
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Pureed Carrots *see notes below
- 1/3 Cup Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt *See Greek Yogurt Tip below
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
Oat Flour Directions – To make oat flour simply take dry oatmeal and blend it until it is flour consistency.
Carrot Puree Directions – I used shredded carrots and pureed them in the food processor. If you’re in a time crunch or don’t want to do this you can use organic baby food.
*Greek Yogurt Tip – If you do not have Greek Yogurt on hand you can use non-fat or dry curd cottage cheese in its place (simply puree the cottage cheese first).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and blended.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil).
- Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
- Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
*Makes 12 protein bars/muffins.
**Serving size for women is 2 (4 for men).
***DAMY Members can have 2 for meal 2 or 4.