When you are on a healthy journey your focus is more than just weight loss. It’s understanding that in respecting your body, your body reacts amazingly. I speak of this all the time that losing body fat is about balancing hormones, stabilizing moods, having increased energy, increased self-confidence, and having the best vessel you possible can have to carry you throughout your life. This is the one body you have. It so important to respect it and do everything you can to make it healthy.
I encourage everyone on my program to have treats. You have to! There is a time and a place for indulgences. Now, when I say indulgences there is a change in perception when you start living healthy as to what those indulgences are. Indulgence is a positive word and it should be used positively. So this is not to be confused with a binge or consuming products that are masked as real food (including greasy take-out, chemical laden foods, and corn-syrup based “food.” This is not food. This is torturing your insides. You wouldn’t throw dirty mud into your car and expect it to work. So don’t to this to your body. Am I asking you to forget what you love as a treat? No! Are you crazy?! I love sweets! And… what I love more than sweets is taking my favourite sweets and making them DAMY!
So here is something that has always been my achilles heel. Now, I can have it as a treat and not feel disgusting for days after! This is what a true indulgence is – enjoying what you are consuming with zero guilt. Yes, this recipe has sugar and that is why it’s a treat but there’s no added junk in this recipe. It is also well-balanced with healthy fats and protein. So, go ahead… get crazy and have your DAMY-ified Cookie Dough Blizzard!
Healthy Cookie Dough Blizzard
Cookie Dough Balls ingredients and Directions: To make cookie dough balls click here.
Makes 2 Servings.
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Natural Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- 2 Bananas
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 6 Packets of Stevia
- 3 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Chop your bananas into slices and place into a ziplock bag to freeze.
- Place container of greek yogurt into the freezer.
- Freeze both over night.
- Remove greek yogurt and place on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- Add frozen greek yogurt to food processor (smashing it up a bit to place it in).
- Add frozen bananas and rest of ingredients to food processor and pulse until ingredients are thin enough to spin smooth.
- Blend until fully smooth (texture of soft-serve ice cream).
- Place ice cream in a bowl and add cookie dough balls (when you make the cookie dough balls you can either make them tiny or just cut them into 4).
*Note: This recipe can be refrozen but is best had fresh. If you refreeze take it out of the freezer 10 minutes before you eat it to let the texture loosen up.
DAMY Members – This is a treat!