This is a recipe I threw together last week to have multiple lunches ready to go. This is perfect for that. The longer it marinades the better the flavours. This is an easy recipe that is not to be over-thought. Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and you are done.
I love this because it is high protein, quick to grab, and is bursting with flavours. One thing I did (this is optional) is I roasted the chickpeas before adding them to the salad. Now, in doing this, keep in mind that the first day they’ll be crunchy but will lose that crunchiness by the second day. So again, it’s optional. You can also just add the roasted chickpeas each time you go to eat it to keep that crunch.
If you want to take a peak at my top roasted chickpea recipes check them out here.
High Protein Vegan Fiesta Salad
- 1 Large Can Chickpeas
- 1 Can Blackbeans
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 Box Quinoa (or 4 Cups)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional depending on how hot you like your salad)
- Rinse chickpeas and black-beans well until no more bubbles appear.
- Finely chop red pepper, avocado, cucumber and tomatoes and place in a large bowl with the chickpeas and black-beans.
- Add juice and pulp of your lime.
- Drizzle agave and add cayenne pepper.
- Add quinoa and spinach and gently combine mixture until fully mixed.
DAMY Members – Vegetarian and Vegan members can have this recipe for lunch or supper. The serving is 2 cups. Everyone else (unless we’ve made changes/last 4 weeks of Bikini Body) this is a lunch recipe.