I love the flavour of a chocolate mocha! Many of those are loaded with white sugar, cream, and all kinds of stuff I don’t want to put into my body. What I’ve created here are protein Mocha Balls. These are bursting with chocolate coffee flavour. They have the added benefit of a quick pick-me-up. These would be great as a pre-workout snack. Keep in mind that these do have caffeine so they are not for the little ones. This is an adult flavour that is so delicious. You have to try these! I have a container in my freezer that makes it easy to grab a couple when it’s time for the quick pick-me-up snack.
Java Mocha Protein Balls
Makes 22-24 Protein Balls
- 1/3 Cup Ground Coffee
- 2 Tbsp Raw Natural Cocoa
- 2 Cups Cashews (you can use almonds or peanuts)
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax
- 1/4 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 3 Scoops Natural Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dates
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Place all ingredients excluding the water into your food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the water pulsing as the consistency thickens like dough.
- Place ingredients into a bowl and refrigerate for a couple hours (this makes the mixture less sticky to handle).
- Remove from fridge and roll into 1 inch balls.
*Remember to keep all DAMY Reicpes in the fridge or freezer. We are using natural whole ingredients that exclude preservatives.
DAMY Members – 3 Balls is one serving. This is to be had for meal two (mid-morning snack).