This would be my… I don’t know how many Muffins/Protein Bars I’ve done in the series?! Okay I know it seems like I’ve been obsessed but I have been! These fast, simple snacks have helped me through crazy busy weeks. I bring them with me everywhere and my husband is in love with them too. I know I use the word snack but what I really mean is ‘mini-meal.’ If you’re on any of the DAMY Health Programs or are following a healthy living lifestyle you know the importance of small frequent meals. The beauty of these muffins and bars is that they are low Glycemic Index and have an awesome macronutrient balance. They are high protein, low in healthy carbs, and are quick lasting energy. So, lets go back and count the protein bars and muffins I’ve blogged about in the last couple of weeks:
DAMY Healthy Protein Muffin/Protein Bar Series
- Healthy Apple Crumble Muffins
- Carrot Cake Protein Muffins
- Blueberry Protein Muffins
- Chocolate Protein Muffins
- Strawberry Lemon Protein Muffins
- Low-Carb High Protein Muffins
So I guess this is my seventh Protein Bar/Muffin Recipe! Oh Wow, I’m on a roll! No but honestly, I make these because they are delicious, packed with protein, simple to make and you can bring them with you anywhere! There is no excuse to not stay on your healthy living/weight loss goals with these babies around.
I love the Pumpkin Pie Protein Muffins because they are low GI and give me my energy to get through the day. I’m hooked on these things. You can bake them in an 8X8 baking dish to form protein bars or use a muffin tin like me!
Pumpkin Pie Protein Muffins
(made in muffin tins)
- 1 Cup Oat Flour *see notes below
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
- 1 Cup Plain Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 6 Packets Stevia
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- 5 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Oat Flour Directions – To make oat flour simply take dry oatmeal and blend it until it is flour consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and blended.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil).
- Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
- Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
*Makes 12 protein bars/muffins.
**Serving size for women is 2 (4 for men).
***DAMY Members can have 2 for meal 2 or 4.