Even though it is 29 Degrees in my condo (yes, you read that right) I am back at blogging and creating new recipes for you lovely DAMY Lovers! I’m not going to say that it wasn’t tortuously hot but I will say I have a tie for my favourite protein muffin ever! Who knew that baking in Sahara Desert heat I could come up with this amazing new protein muffin. I’m telling you, you have to make this. It’s fast and as I said, it’s a tie for deliciousness with the Lemon Strawberry Protein Muffin. It just feels like a huge treat. The muffin is dense and filling and the topping is crunchy and sweet. Amazing! Enjoy my Healthy Banana Walnut Crunch Muffins.
Side Note: I cut the oat flour in half and used almond meal. So, if you wanted to make these gluten free you could use just 1 cup of almond meal (or coconut meal). If you are looking for lower fat and more carbohydrates you can use one cup of oat flour. If you’re looking for how to make your own oat flour click here.
Healthy Banana Walnut Crunch Muffins
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Almond Meal
- ½ Cup Oat Flour
- 4 Packets of Stevia
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 5 Eggwhites
- 1 Cup Walnuts, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Packets of Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil).
- Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
- Cover tops of muffins with walnut topping (see directions below).
- Bake for 30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
- Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
- Crush walnuts in a bowl.
- Add cinnamon, stevia and mix.
*Makes 12 protein muffins.
**Serving size for women is 2 (4 for men).
***DAMY Members can have 2 for meal 2 or 4.