I love Matcha! For anyone that doesn’t know about this wonderful power food here are a few details. Matcha is a green tea that is in the form of a bright green powder. It can be added to warm water, whisked into cold, added to protein shakes or baked with. It is loaded with antioxidants and has a clean, sweet taste. Not sweet as in sugar but earthy sweet. I love it. Once you start drinking it you can’t stop. It is loaded with health benefits and adds a great flavour to your drinks or baking. Now, baking with Matcha isn’t as popular but it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time.
Coming to the blog soon will be Matcha icing, Matcha protein pops, Matcha cupcakes, Matcha Cocktails and Matcha cookies. Today I’m starting with a simple protein muffin with a Matcha powder infusion. I really enjoy these. If you love Matcha you will also enjoy these Matcha Protein Muffins.
Matcha Protein Muffins
- 1 Cup Oat Flour *see notes below
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
- 2 Tbsp Stevia (for more information on baking with Stevia click here)
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt *See Greek Yogurt Tip below
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
Oat Flour Directions – To make oat flour simply take dry oatmeal and blend it until it is flour consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with oil (extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil).
- Place batter evenly in muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, gently remove them from the tin and place on a cooling rack. These are very moist and fragile until they cool.
- Once they cool they are firm and yummy! Place in a sealed container.
- Keep in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
*Makes 12 protein bars/muffins.
**Serving size for women is 2 (4 for men).
***DAMY Members can have 2 for meal 2 or 4.