Does it seem like I’m obsessed with pumpkin? I’m trying to be positive about the fact that it’s Fall! So, one thing I do enjoy about Fall is all the spices and earthy foods.
Pumpkin screams Fall and when I asked you guys on my Facebook Page what you loved to cook with in Fall so many of you said pumpkin! So, this week with pumpkin I made:
Today I’m adding one of my favourite protein bar recipes to the list. This is a full nutrition bar. It is simple, hearty, sweet and satisfying. Enjoy this Fall treat this week.
Pumpkin Cranberry Almond Protein Bars
Makes 9-10 Bars.
- 1 Cup Plain Puree Pumpkin
- 1/3 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Maple Extract
- 3 Scoops Plain or Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1.5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tbsp Molasses
- 4 Packets Stevia
- 1/4 Cup Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds (set aside 1/4 Cup extra for topping protein bars)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Lightly grease casserole baking dish.
- Spread ingredients evenly into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle extra 1/4 Cup of slivered almonds over the top evenly.
- Bake for 24 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Notes: Handle these with care until they cool. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap for easy on-the-go snacks!
DAMY Members: One bar for meal two (two bars for men).