Craving chocolate cake while on a weight loss or lean down journey? This recipe can save the day! I suggest to have this cake plain if looking to lean down (last 7 lbs) or have it as a treat with the suggested icings if you are on a weight loss journey or looking for a healthy alternative to chocolate cake.
I prefer this cake cold by refrigerating after baking. Yes, you can eat cake and achieve the body of your dreams! Your welcome Best Body Ever Challenge Members!
Chocolate Protein Cake
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 Can Pure Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Egg Whites
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Natural Plain Cocoa
- 3 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour (or oat flour)
- 6 Packets Stevia
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Spray glass pie plate with Non-Stick Spray and place ingredients evenly in pie plate.
- Bake at 425 F for 27 minutes (check on this often. All ovens are different. Check to see if cake is done by poking the middle of the cake with a fork. If the fork comes out clean, it is done!).
- Remove cake when done and carefully place it on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy cake when completely cooled.
- I enjoy mine after being refrigerated for a couple hours.
To make a our healthy chocolate cake a treat add icing… Here are our favourite healthy icing choices.
For our famous Peanut Butter Coconut and Cream Cheese Frostings click here.
Another topping that would be amazing is our healthy whipped coconut cream found here.
DAMY Members: 1 piece for meal two or four – OR – As a treat (with one of our icings).