The Holiday Season is in full swing. Over the next three weeks we need to keep it together.
The Holidays are meant to be a happy time so lets focus on making this time as least stressful as possible.
Here is what we’re going to do over these next three weeks at DAMY Health to stay on point without going into a melt-down.
DAMY Holiday Check List
1) If you are going to events or parties over the next few weeks I want you to add ten minutes a day to each of your regular cardio session OR if you workout less than 6 days a week to add an extra cardio session.
For all our ladies who workout 6 days a week you will not be adding an extra day. Everyone needs a day of rest. Feel free to add 10 minutes of high intensity cardio to your session each day. Remember you can always use the ‘Kick-it-Up’ with any DAMY Workout.
2) Leave your treats to your parties. Plan to have your treat only within these times. Have your cocktail, sweet treat or indulgent dinner just don’t go crazy. Still make good choices but do not totally restrict yourself. Enjoy your treats but avoid letting them spillover outside of these times.
3) Every other meal (including all snacks) outside of these Holiday Treats are to be perfectly on plan! This is your insurance! This is your guarantee that your treats remain guilt-free.
4) Before a party eat three ounces of lean protein and a handful of raw almonds. This is really important! This is going to make you feel full, keep your hormones balanced and keep your choices in-control!
5) When you’re at parties pick what you really, really, really want! You know the thing that we’ve all eaten and the next day thought – “that wasn’t even worth it” – Don’t eat that!
6) When drinking alcohol remember this is a treat. Keep your drinks clear. Go for low-sugar choices. Make sure in-between each drink you drink a glass of water.
*A great tip from Bethenny Frankel is to get a shot of your favourite alcohol, sparkling water and ask for just a splash of whatever flavour juice you want. When you’re eating as clean as we all are you’ll be surprised at how your tastes change and just that splash of juice will be enough sweetness.
7) I want everyone to have fun this Holiday Season and really focus on what’s important. The Holidays are meant to be a loving, happy time. Don’t let food control your happiness this Holiday Season. Take control, stick to your plan and make this Holiday Season your best yet.
We are going to head into the New Year on top of our game! Every single one of you have proven to me that you are capable of anything. As the last few weeks of the BBEC wind down I’m getting so excited to see your after pictures. Finish strong!
Every single one of you has so much to be proud of! Nobody’s perfect and the Holidays aren’t going to be perfect. BUT not one of us is gunna go all-to-hell!
That’s our promise to each other.