Today is Day 14 of “DAMY’s 28 Days of Healthy Holiday Recipes!” I am in love with Ginger Snap Cookies.
I love soft, chewy, aggressive ginger cookies. I created a killer healthy Ginger Snap Cookie Recipe that I am very proud of!
This recipe is loaded with fiber, added protein and is gluten-free. It fits perfectly into all clean eating diets. There are no added fat to be found in this delicious recipe.
Make these cookies for your loved ones and then tell them how healthy they are… They will be shocked!
If you missed any of the previous recipes check them out here:
Day 28 – Egg Nog Almond Joy Blizzard
Day 27 – Skinny Molten Lava Cakes
Day 26 – Phyllo Pastry Cups
Day 25 – Skinny Pecan Pie Tarts
Day 24 – Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Day 23 – Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites
Day 22 – Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bites
Day 21 – Clean Eating Brownie Cupcakes with Mint Fudge Icing
Day 20 – Clean Eating Coconut Macaroons
Day 19 – Clean Eating Chocolate Mint Fudge
Day 18 – Skinny Chocolate Candy Cane Bark
Day 17 – Clean Eating Two Bite Brownies
Day 16 – Healthy Cinnamon Bun Cookies
Day 15 – Clean Eating No-Bake Cookies
PLUS - DAMY Holiday Survival Guide
Gluten-Free Soft Ginger Snap Recipe
Makes 18 Soft Ginger Snaps
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Chopped Dates
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 Whole Egg (or Flax Egg – 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
3 Tbsp Water set in a dish until gelatinous)
- 1 Cup Quinoa Flour (or Oat Flour)
- 1 1/4 Cup Chickpeas
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Crystallized Ginger (Optional but really gives these cookies the extra kick!)
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (100% Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Blend all ingredients in your food processor until smooth.
- Using a spoon scoop the dough onto a greased or parchment covered baking sheet in walnut sized mounds.
- Bake these ginger snaps for 9-11 minutes.
- These cookies are very soft to touch but harden somewhat as they cool. Do not overbake these cookies. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let set for 5 minutes before eating.
- These ginger snaps must be refrigerated for storage because there are zero preservatives in them.
DAMY Members – 3 Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps are a treat.