I’m so excited to share this recipe with you that I’m doing the post a day early! I have so many posts that I can’t wait to share with you this week that I can barely stand myself! But, one recipe at a time.
Let me introduce you to my Avocado Fries with my Skinny Sweet-with-Heat Chipotle Dipping Sauce! This recipe is divine. The avocado fries are creamy with a crunchy outer coating and the chipotle dipping sauce is the perfect combination of hot and sweet. This recipe will have you feeling more than satisfied. As I’ve promised you and told you many many times eating healthy, clean, skinny, lean – whatever you want to call it – can be delicious! This recipe is evidence.
So, go have clean avocado fries with healthy sweet-with-heat chipotle dipping sauce and enjoy it! I mean it, go make this recipe then comeback and make sure to comment on this post. Oh and you’re welcome!
Notes – I included two options for cooking methods. One is the ‘baking method’ which for some people will be chosen for reduced fat and convenience. The other is the ‘pan-frying method’ with coconut oil. Now, the pan-frying method is not bad for you at all. For this entire recipe I only used 1 Tbsp of coconut oil. There have been a lot of great health claims associated with coconut oil and it is a wonderful high-heat cooking oil. Either method is great but I will say the pan-fried using the coconut oil does give it that extra flavor. It just makes you feel like you’re eating something bad.
Gluten-Free Avocado Fries
To make these avocado fries gluten-free it is extremely simple. Simply substitute the oat flour for almond meal. Almond meal is finely ground almonds and can be found in the natural section of most grocery stores.
I personally love the Bob’s Red Mill brand of almond meal!
Avocado Fries Recipe
Makes 3 Servings
- 3 Firm Avocados
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (If using the frying method)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Oat Flour (Or – Almond Meal) *See instructions below.
- Salt and Pepper
- First, cut avocados in half removing the pit. Continue to slice avocado into “fry-sized” wedges.
- In one bowl add 1/2 cup of oat flour or almond meal.
- In a separate bowl place two eggs and beat until blended.
- Add salt and pepper to the eggs as desired.
- Take individual avocado slices and dip them in your eggs then directly into your flour. Make sure they are completely coated in the flour.
- Heat cast-iron pan to medium-low (water should sizzle when sprinkled on the pan).
- Add one tbsp of coconut oil to the pan and let melt.
- Place avocado fries in the pan and let each side ‘brown.’
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Place avocado fries on a parchment covered baking sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until brown) flipping them once.
- Serve immediately.
Skinny Sweet-with-Heat Chipotle Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Low-Fat Cottage Cheese (Vegan Cream Cheese would be great here too)
- 1 Tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 Packet of Truvia (or Stevia brand of choice)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth.
- Place in a dipping bowl and enjoy!
DAMY Members: This recipe can be enjoyed for meal 4, 5 or 6. If you are having this with your supper please make sure to use the almond flour and of course include your protein and veggies with this meal.