Hello chocolate lovers! This is a healthy version of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Cheesecake combined. I made this recipe with whole, natural ingredients!
Yes, this is still a treat but it is a healthy treat that your body will know how to process. Not only that, this recipe contains healthy fats, lots of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. I did use some dark chocolate in this recipe but sparingly.
Keep in mind that the recommended portions of these treats are small to keep you on tract with your weight loss or lean body goals. Yes you can have a treat and still reach your physique goals!
David, my kitchen taste-tester, said that these are now his all-time favourite DAMY Treat! And believe me, he has tasted a lot of treats out of this kitchen!
Have you checked out my other healthy cheesecake bites? I have seriously created a new genre of healthy dessert. There are more to come this week but until then check these out:
- Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Dark Chocolate Almond Fudge Bites
- Clean Peanut Butter Eatmore Squares
- Healthy Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bites
Please enjoy this treat as a healthy option for Valentine’s Day or just as your next indulgence. Let me know in the comments below how much you love them!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Makes 18 Bites
- 1 Cup Pre-Soaked Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Natural Almonds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips (these will be folded in last)
- 3 Cups Pre-Soaked Cashews (I soak mine overnight)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar (Maple Syrup or Honey)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Chocolate Chips for topping (Roughly 1/4 Cup)
- Using your small food processor bowl and blade blend all cheesecake topping ingredients except chocolate chips until smooth and set aside.
- Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients except chocolate chips until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut.
- Manually fold chocolate chips into crust.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with a healthy oil.
- Press crust mixture evenly into baking dish.
- Top with cheesecake filling using a spoon or spatula to make sure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the squares.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer, cut into squares and serve immediately.
DAMY Members: 3 Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bites are a treats.