I love this recipe! It is fun, delicious and reminds me of my childhood. This is the classic banana split done healthy. This recipe is a must-make!
You can add all the toppings and make it in the round ice cream cake form for a special event or as a dessert. OR – you can dress this recipe down and have it as a guilt free snack cut into squares like our other bites (featured below). Children will love this recipe and you will be able to feed it to them feeling great about it.
I’m so excited to share this seemingly indulgent dessert. This Clean Banana Split Ice Cream Cake is going to be a staple in our house!
This recipe is gluten free, no-bake, vegan, clean, fun and only takes 5 minutes to prep!
Clean Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
Makes 7 inch round ice cream cake (8 slices) or 16 Bites
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Butter
- 1/2 Cup Prepared Coconut Whipped Cream (see recipe here)
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple (Fresh or Canned)
- 2 Tbsp Agave (Honey, Maple Syrup or Stevia)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Crushed Peanuts
- 1 Large Strawberry
- 1/2 Banana (Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Whipped Coconut Cream
Other Topping Options:
- Pineapple Chunks
- Shredded Coconut
- Raspberry or Strawberry Coulis
- Using your small food processor bowl and blade blend all banana split filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut.
- Grease 7 inch spring-form pan or an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with a healthy oil.
- Press crust mixture evenly into spring-form pan or baking dish.
- Top with banana split filling using a spoon or spatula to make sure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer, drizzle with melted chocolate, top with banana slices, coconut whipped cream, strawberry and crushed nuts. Serve as round cake or cut into squares.
- Serve immediately.
DAMY Members – If you leave all topping off these squares and make them with stevia these are a clean snack option at 3 bites per serving. For this recipe (including topping) 1 slice or 3 bites is a treat.
Whaaat? You missed one of my awesome healthy cheesecake or bites recipes? Well, here they are beautiful:
- Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Dark Chocolate Almond Fudge Bites
- Clean Peanut Butter Eatmore Squares
- Healthy Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bites
- Healthy Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bites
- Skinny Two Bite Cheesecake (Double Chocolate and New York Style)
- Healthy Pecan Pie Bites
- Coconut Cream Pie Bites
- Skinny Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake Squares
- Mint Chip Fudge Squares
- Healthy Banana Coconut Cream Pie Squares
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Healthy Double Chocolate Pudding Tart