I love this recipe! I originally hail from the land of maple syrup, Nova Scotia. I don’t know if that’s a true statement but there was a lot of maple syrup around. As a child there was an actual season we just called ‘Maple Sugar Woods Time of Year.’
Anyways, I digress, I love ice cream, I love pecans, I love maple syrup. I also love being healthy, lean and fabulous. So, I present to you Clean Maple Pecan Ice Cream. This recipe rocks! You will love it!
I prefer freezing it for an hour after I make it to really give it that ice cream texture but it is amazing served right away as well. You decide how you want to enjoy this single serving delicious, healthy treat.
Clean Maple Pecan Ice Cream (Vegan)
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 Frozen Chopped Banana
- 3 Tbsp Pre-Refrigerated Coconut Whipped Cream or Almond Milk (see notes below)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Crushed Pecans
- Place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight (You do not have to do this step if you are using the almond milk version).
- Chop a banana into slices and place in a ziplock bag. Freeze overnight.
- Remove coconut milk from the refrigerator, open can and scoop 3 tbsp of the solidified white coconut cream into your food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the pecans) into the food processor.
- Blend until smooth but not runny.
- Scoop immediately into a bowl. Stir in chopped pecans.
Tip – I really like the consistency of taking this recipe fully made, placing it back in the freezer for an hour. It gives it a real ice cream texture. You, of course, do not have to do this.
Tip – If you do not have the world’s best food processor or blending device try letting your frozen banana slices sit on the counter for 5 minutes before processing.
DAMY Members – This is a great treat option! Especially for anyone that is trying to be ‘good’ with their treats!
For more Healthy Blizzard Recipes check out these links:
- Candy Cane Blizzard
- Almond Fudge Egg Nog Blizzard
- Cookie Dough Blizzard (Not Dairy-Free)
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Fudge Blizzard
- Vegan Snickerdoodle Blizzard
For more Healthy Ice Cream Recipes check out these links:
- Clean Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- Skinny Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream
- Clean Strawberry Banana Ice Cream