This recipe is really fast and everybody loves it! These Healthy Loaded Veggie Taco Cups are great to serve while entertaining or for a fun, different meal.
They are pre-portioned which is always wonderful and they are so colorful! The flavour is simple and fresh and everyone can dress these up to suit their personal tastes’.
This is a fun way to shake up an old classic recipe!
Healthy Loaded Veggie Taco Cups
Makes 12+ (you will have veggie left over for a stirfry or to put in stuffed peppers.)
- 3 Bell Peppers (Yellow, Red and/or Orange)
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives (or more if you choose)
- 1/2 Cup Banana Peppers (or Jalapeno if you choose)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Spice (if you do not like chipotle spice flavor you can use a combination of onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder)
- 2 Mashed Avocados (optional for topping)
- Salsa (optional for topping)
- Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (optional for topping)
- 1/3 Cup Grated Vegan Cheese (optional for topping)
- 2 Cups Lettuce (optional – I prefer mine without lettuce)
Phyllo Cup Directions:
- Follow the recipe for How to Make Phyllo Cups – prepare your phyllo cups. Tip – to shake up the flavour of your phyllo cups or if you enjoy spicy flavours adding a layer of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to your last layer of oil while making the phyllo cups is really tasty!
- Tip – For the healthiest version of your phyllo cups make sure to use a whole wheat, spelt or another healthy phyllo pastry.
Tip – Not crazy about phyllo? Feel free to use ezekiel, whole grain or brown rice wraps. Simply cut into squares that fit appropriately in the muffin tin and follow this recipe to create your cups.
Taco Filling Directions:
- Dice onion and 3 bell peppers.
- Saute in a pan lightly sprayed with olive oil.
- Add 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Spice and dash of salt.
- Add rinsed black beans, olives, banana peppers and corn.
- Saute at a low heat until peppers are el dante (do not over-cook).
- Add sautéed vegetables above to your prepared phyllo taco cups evenly (if using lettuce – add your lettuce first).
- If you are using cheese – place cheese on top of your tacos and place tacos in the oven on a low heat to melt the cheese (again, I prefer without the cheese to keep this recipe as clean as possible).
- Plate and enjoy!
- Feel free to add a dollop of mashed avocados, salsa and/or non-fat greek yogurt.
DAMY Members - 3 Tacos is one serving. This recipe can be enjoyed for a healthy treat. It can also be enjoyed as a once per week lunch.