Smokey, spicy mexican food. Do I have your attention? I love this recipe! It is so clean, nutrient dense and delicious. It is so simple and so guilt-free you need to make it right away! It also looks so pretty to serve to others. These are my Loaded Veggie Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers.
Impress guests or just yourself with this healthy, delish recipe.
Mexican flavors not your thing but still love the stuffed pepper idea? You can stuff these roasted peppers with our Cauliflower Fried Rice and Turkey Sausage – another great alternative. This version is low-carb. Everybody loves that! You would simply just follow the linked cauliflower fried rice and turkey sausage recipe then stuff your peppers using the instructions below.
*This recipe is vegan, clean, high fiber, gluten free and nutrient dense.
Loaded Veggie Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers
Makes 4-5 Servings
- 7-8 Bell Peppers (Yellow, Red and/or Orange)
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives (or more if you choose)
- 1/2 Cup Banana Peppers (or Jalapeno if you choose)
- 1/3 Cup Grated Vegan Cheese (optional)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Spice (if you do not like chipotle spice flavor you can use a combination of onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder)
- 2 Mashed Avocados (optional for topping)
- Salsa (optional for topping)
- Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (optional for topping)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- Dice onion and 2-3 peppers.
- Saute in a pan lightly sprayed with olive oil.
- Add 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Spice and dash of salt.
- Add rinsed black beans, olives, banana peppers and corn.
- Saute at a low heat until peppers are el dante (do not over-cook just warm).
- Cut the tops off 4-5 peppers.
- Remove the middle.
- Add sautéed vegetables above to hollowed out peppers evenly.
- Place stuffed peppers and lids in a glass baking dish with sides and bake for 40 minutes (lids beside peppers).
- If you’re using cheese sprinkle over peppers 8 minutes before the timer goes off (just enough time to melt).
- Plate and enjoy!
- Feel free to add a dollop of mashed avocados, salsa and/or non-fat greek yogurt.