Did you think my obsession with chickpeas was over? Wrong! It’s back with a vengeance. I love a sweet and spicy mix. Add some crunch, buttery flavor and nutritious ingredients and you have my heart!
I present to you this Sweet with Heat Roasted Chickpea Perfection. I used the chipotle spice to give it a smokey, spicy flavor. The sweetener is just enough to give it that sweet punch. Enjoy these as a snack in place of popcorn, chips or even croutons on your next salad.
Are you looking for more Roasted Chickpea Recipes? Check out these:
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free, 2 minute prep, high in fiber, an awesome snack and a sweet fix.
Sweet with Heat Roasted Chickpeas
Makes Approximately 2 Servings
- 1 Can (540ml/19oz) Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted – You can also use any healthy oil of choice)
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Agave (Maple Syrup or Honey – You can also try to make a simple syrup with stevia for a non-sugar version)
- Dash of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until chickpeas are completely coated.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet evenly distribute chickpeas (single layer).
- Place in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes stirring 2-3 times.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
DAMY Members – 1 Cup for meal 2 (once per week excluding Bikini Body Members on the last 4 weeks of their program).