Chocolate and mint, a combination that is loved by many. Here I give you a recipe combining the two that is simple and clean. There are no additives in this recipe, just clean, simple and delicious ingredients.
The chocolate is thin, crunchy and creamy and the filling is like mint-chip ice cream (dairy free of course). I love this recipe and I hope you do too!
I also think these would be so cute to serve for St. Patties Day!
Here are a couple more chocolates that were made last week using coconut oil:
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, 7 minute prep, no bake, simple, fast and delicious.
Clean Chocolate Mint Patties
Makes 24 Chocolate Mint Patties
Night Before Prep:
- Place 2 cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight to separate the coconut cream from the oil.
Mint Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Solidified Coconut Cream (From pre-refrigerated canned coconut milk – for more information click here)
- 6 Packets Powdered Stevia
- 5 Drops Green Food Coloring (I used Natural)
- 1/2 Tsp Peppermint or Mint Extract
Mint Filling Directions:
- Open 2 cans of coconut milk and scrape only the thick coconut cream from the top half of the can.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor (or use a hand-held mixer) using whipping attachment. Whip until it is the consistency of whip cream. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Set aside.
Chocolate Patty Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup (Honey, Agave or Stevia)
Chocolate Patty Directions:
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In your food processor using a separate bowl blend your coconut oil, cocoa and 1/4 cup of maple syrup until smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides occassionally).
- Place 1/2 tbsp of your chocolate mixture in each muffin cup.
- Then layer just under 1 tbsp of your Mint Filling mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
- Finally, place another 1/2 tbsp of the chocolate mixture on top of the Mint Filling layer.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove and enjoy!
Tip – to remove these easily from your muffin tin you can either tip them upside down or take a thin knife and place it down one side of your Chocolate Mint Patty and flip up. They pop right out!
These are to be stored in your freezer.