UPDATE: Below you will find a Vegan Cheesecake Option and a Non-Vegan Option – choose which you prefer and use that in your recipe.
I wanted to share this recipe with you because it’s fun, easy and pre-portioned! Here at DAMY I love taking classic recipes that normally would be off limits and giving them to you in a way that you can enjoy them again.
This recipe is wonderful because compared with a regular cheesecake I have cut down the fat from the cream cheese, cut the amount of sugar, used a healthy oil to make the chocolate and pre-portioned the bites with an ice cube tray.
If you’re craving cheesecake but you have goals this is a great option. You can make a little bit, have a couple here and there and still keep going with your health and fitness goals. Keeping food you love completely off-limits only leads to rebellious behaviour such as bingeing and begrudging your healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy is a positive experience. That means you can have your cheesecake and eat it too. Just make it DAMY and stick with the portions. Enjoy!
This recipe is no-bake, gluten free, skinny, portion control, vegan options, low-carb/low-sugar, 5 min prep and easy!
Ice Cube Tray Chocolate Covered Cheesecakes
Makes 14 Cheesecake Bites
Non-Vegan Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Light Cream Cheese
- 4 Packets Stevia (If you don’t mind the sugar substitute 2-3 Tbsp Agave, Honey or Maple Syrup)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Vegan Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Pre-Soaked Cashews (I soak mine overnight)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Agave Nectar (Maple Syrup or Honey)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa
- 6-8 Packets of Powdered Stevia (If you don’t mind the sugar substitute 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup, Honey or Agave)
Note – There is going to be a lot of chocolate left over so please see the great ideas below for what to do with your extra chocolate!
*If you are vegan please see the Vegan Options below.
- Blend Cheesecake ingredients until smooth in your food processor and set aside.
- In a separate food processor bowl blend Chocolate Coating ingredients until smooth.
- Spray a pre-chilled, clean ice cube tray with a healthy oil.
- Using a spoon pour the chocolate into each ice cube mold.
- Coat the bottom and the sides of each ice cube mold using your spoon.
- Tip – I picked up the ice cube tray and kind of tilted it around to make sure all the angles were covered. Make sure the molds are completely coated.
- Fill each ice cube mold with cheesecake filling.
- Top with a layer of chocolate coating.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and set on the counter for a minute or two.
- Gently twisting the ice cube tray, as you would to remove ice cubes, remove each cheesecake bite and place on a plate.
DAMY Members - 4 Cheesecake Bites are a perfect portioned treat.
For More Chocolate Uses – With the recipe you are going to have left over chocolate. Here are some great uses!
*Tip- Do not heat your chocolate. It will separate.
- Clean Chocolate Mint Patties
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- Chocolate Ganache Cookie Dough Squares
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Homemade Icy Square Chocolate (Coconut Oil Chocolates)
Vegan Cheesecake Base Options – Vegan? You can use any of these cheesecake bases to make your chocolate covered cheesecakes:
- Pina Colada Vegan Cheesecakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Healthy Banana Coconut Cream Pie Squares
- Coconut Cream Pie Bites
- Key Lime Cheesecake Bites
- Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Clean Peanut Butter Eatmore Squares