Oooh this recipe is good! I love the combination of sweet, spicy and smoky all together! These bites are perfect for your sweet potato fry-tater tot cravings.
I rounded this recipe out with protein to make this a healthy snack or meal option. This recipe is spicy so if you’re serving it to children you may want to tone down the spice. Otherwise, enjoy this! We absolutely loved this Sweet Potato Tater Tot recipe.
Three great dip options go with this recipe:
- Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt (perfect if you love sour cream)
- Low-Sugar Ketchup
- Sweet with Heat Dipping Sauce (found here)
Note – This recipe is not going to be the exact same texture as processed, fat-ladened tater tots. But, I promise you this… they taste a million times better. They are oh-so-good!
This recipe is gluten free, added protein, clean, spicy, sweet, savory and a craving solution gift!
Guilt-Free Sweet Potato Chipotle Tater Tots
Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 25 Minutes – Total time: 30 Minutes
Yield: Makes 24 Tater Tots
- 2 Cups Cooked Sweet Potato
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Dry Curd Cottage Cheese (or Drained 1% Cottage Cheese)
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper Spice (Less or More – depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour (or Oat Flour)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides).
- Spray your mini muffin tin with a healthy, non stick oil. *Grease these well.
- Fill each mold with your sweet potato batter.
- Place in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool a couple minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
- Run a knife along the side of each bite and pop each one out gently.
- Serve and enjoy!
DAMY Members – 5-6 Tater tots can be used at meal 1, 2 or 3. With meal 3 make sure to add your protein serving and veggies/salad.