This recipe is wonderful! My husband is literally obsessed with it! These cookies are soft, chewy, sweet and simply divine. They melt in your mouth and are, dare-I-say, better than any sugar cookie I have ever had!
If you’ve been craving sugar cookies, are having a party or want to make a gluten free/grain free natural cookie for your children this is a recipe you should try!
You can put frosting on these or eat them plain. Each are equally delicious. If you’re looking for some healthy icing ideas here are a few of my favorites. Also listed below are my other favorite gluten free cookies. Can’t wait for you to try these!
Healthy Icing Ideas
- Chocolate Fudge Icing
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Pina Colada Icing
- Greek Yogurt Icing
- Sugar-Free Icing
- Vegan Icing
Gluten Free Cookies
*(If a recipe calls for wheat germ just sub with ground flax)
- Cinnamon Bun Cookies
- Chocolate Chip, Thumb Print, Date-Center, and Plain Protein Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Healthy Sugar Cookies (Gluten Free/Grain Free)
Prep time: 12 Minutes – Cook time: 10 Minutes – Total time: 22 Minutes
Yield: Makes 16-18 Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Agave (Maple Syrup, Stevia or Honey)
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- Dash Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth (you may want to warm your coconut oil up in a double boiler but it is not necessary if you blend it long enough).
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill (this is just to make it easy to work with).
- Spread dough out evenly using a rolling pin or cover the dough in cling wrap and just press down with your hands.
- Cut out your cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (until golden brown).
- Gentily place cookies on a cooling rack and let cool.
- You can ice these cookies or serve them plain. Both are equally delicious.
Update – Taking the dough and placing it in saran wrap, wrapping it completely and working the saran wrapped covered dough into a smooth shape is the best way to work with this dough. The dough may appear crumbly until you do this. Do not stress – place the dough in the saran wrap, completely wrap it and place it in the refrigerator. When you remove the dough it will be smooth and easy to work with.
Update - These cookies can be very fragile. When you remove your cookies from the oven let them sit on the baking rack for 5-7 minutes before placing them on the cooling rack. This will ensure that they stay set in form.