This is the perfect low carb cracker recipe! This is a savory, delicious snack. These crackers are perfect for dipping, scooping or with your favorite soup. My husband loves them on their own.
If you are gluten free or low carb these are an awesome solution for you! Dave said they remind him of Breton Vegetable Crackers.
The vegan cheese or parmesan cheese are options and neither need to be used in this recipe. The cottage cheese, of course, is mandatory. You can also shake this recipe up and change the flavors by switching out the spice. For instance, rosemary is delicious instead of the chives.
Other great DAMY Health Low Carb Recipes:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Enjoy!
Low Carb Cheese and Chive Crackers (Gluten Free)
Prep time: 7 Minutes – Cook time: 12-15 Minutes – Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12-16 Crackers
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Dry Curd Cottage Cheese
- Dash of Salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Chives
- 1/4 Cup Daiya Vegan Cheese or Parmesan (Optional – cheese not needed)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In your food processor blend oil, cottage cheese, garlic and salt until completely smooth.
- Add almond flour and mix until dough-like.
- Add chives and vegan cheese and pulse until mixed.
- Press or roll dough out evenly and to desired thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter cut into desired shapes.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place crackers on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown (flip at the half-way mark if desired).
- Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and enjoy!
- Store in a sealed-tight container on the counter for a couple days or in the refrigerator.