These muffins were a surprise! They really turned out great. These are really dense muffins so they are a great, filling snack. The way I make them is just sweet enough without being overly sweet.
If you enjoy a sweeter flavor feel free to add more stevia or if you don’t mind sugar use honey, agave, etc.
I enjoy these plain as a snack but you can easily turn them into a dessert by mixing coconut cream and honey together and spreading over the top (as featured in the photo).
Enjoy this new Spring Everyday Snack made with chickpeas!
Pineapple Coconut Muffins (GF and High Fiber)
Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 45 Minutes – Total time: 50 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12 Muffins
- 1/2 Cup Natural Nut Butter (I used Almond Butter)
- 1/2 Cup Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Eggwhites
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked and Drained Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 Cups Drained Pineapple Tidbits (Approx 1 Can)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Packets Stevia (or to taste)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Spray your muffin tin with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (until outside is golden brown and inside is moist but a fork comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before you remove them from the muffin tin.
- Carefully and gently remove your muffins from the muffin tin and place on a cooling rack.
- Let muffins cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!