Coconut and chocolate – now I have your attention! This recipe is raw perfection! The crust is a chewy, rich chocolate base and the top is a light creamy coconut cream.
To create this recipe we are using the “coconut can in the fridge technique.” This has confused a couple people. Here’s what you do again just to break it down:
- Take a can of coconut milk.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Open the can and skim off the thick, white coconut cream.
- That’s what we use.
Now, since people were confused I wanted to check things out for myself so I bought a few different brands of coconut milk stuck them in my fridge and tested them out. One light coconut milk brand did not have any coconut cream. Others did. One brand that always has a ton of coconut cream in it (even when I use the light version) is the AROY-D Coconut Milk.
I really love this recipe. Feel free to make it in the individual servings like I did or make it in a large spring form pan for a party or an event. Either way it is delicious!
This recipe is gluten free, date free, no-bake, grain free, raw, vegan, clean, sweet and creamy.
Raw Coconut Cream Pie with Dark Chocolate Crust
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12 Personal Size Pies
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews or Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Plain Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- Dash of Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Cream (Refrigerated and skimmed from the top of a can)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place crust ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spray a muffin tin with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly press dough down into muffin tin.
- Place in the freezer.
- Place all filling ingredients in a separate food processor bowl (or washed bowl) and blend until smooth.
- Remove crust from freezer.
- Evenly top crust with coconut cream filling.
- Place in the freezer and let set for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving (depending on the texture you choose).
- Feel free to top these with coconut whipped cream and/or shredded coconut.