Coconut and chocolate – now I have your attention! This recipe is raw perfection! The crust is a chewy, rich chocolate base and the top is a light creamy coconut cream.
To create this recipe we are using the “coconut can in the fridge technique.” This has confused a couple people. Here’s what you do again just to break it down:
- Take a can of coconut milk.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Open the can and skim off the thick, white coconut cream.
- That’s what we use.
The important thing to remember in this recipe is to make sure you only use coconut cream or whole fat coconut milk.
I really love this recipe. Feel free to make it in the individual servings like I did or make it in a large spring form pan for a party or an event. Either way it is delicious!
This recipe is gluten free, date free, no-bake, grain free, raw, vegan, clean, sweet and creamy.
Raw Coconut Cream Pie with Dark Chocolate Crust
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12 Personal Size Pies
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews or Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Plain Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Room Temperature – DO NOT HEAT)
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- Dash of Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Cream (Refrigerated and skimmed from the top of a can)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place crust ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spray a muffin tin with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly press dough down into muffin tin.
- Place in the freezer.
- Place all filling ingredients in a separate food processor bowl (or washed bowl) and blend until smooth.
- Remove crust from freezer.
- Evenly top crust with coconut cream filling.
- Place in the freezer and let set for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving (depending on the texture you choose).
- Feel free to top these with coconut whipped cream and/or shredded coconut.