Everyone loves brownies and I personally love healthy brownies! I also love peanut butter. So, this recipe to me is the perfect combination of all. If you’re looking for a treat that is high in fiber, chocolatey and packed with peanut butter punch this is your recipe!
When cutting this recipe please take the steps to allow it to cool and set properly to ensure your brownies don’t crumble. If your brownies do crumble throw them in a bowl with some of our coconut ice cream and enjoy a brownie sundae. When your brownies crumble make sundaes!
For more gluten-free, grain free and bean inspired recipes check out these links:
- Two Bite Brownies
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Blondie Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding
- Healthy Protein Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Cookies
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, clean, high fiber, nutrient dense and the best healthy brownies on earth.
Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter Swirl
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 30 Minutes – Total time: 40 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12-16 Brownies
Black Bean Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 Can Black Beans (540 mL)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Eggwhites (or 3 Eggs in total)
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree (or unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup All Natural Pure Coconut Sap Sugar (or 1/4 Cup Agave, Honey or Maple Syrup)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tsp Instant Coffee
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (more if you wish)
Peanut Butter Swirl Ingredients:
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Agave (Maple Syrup, Stevia or Honey)
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- Place all black bean brownie ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread batter into baking dish.
- On your stove-top melt peanut butter swirl ingredients and mix.
- Dollop peanut butter swirl mixture with a spoon spaced out about an inch from each other onto the brownie batter.
- Pull a knife back and forth through the batter creating your swirls.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- *Ovens vary so your discretion is needed. You will know your brownies are baked when the top becomes firm and the brownies pull away from the sides of the dish.
- Sticking a tooth pick in the middle and pulling it out clean will ensure your brownies are baked fully.
- Remove from oven when baked and let set in the baking dish for about 10 minutes.
- Gently cut brownies, serve and enjoy!
- To store brownies it is best to first let them cool completely and then store them in a sealed tight container in the refrigerator.