If you loved our Cauliflower Pizza Bites you will love our Quinoa Taco Bites!
Everyone loves tacos and everyone loves the idea of quinoa so I married the two! Quinoa, as you know, is a powerhouse. It contains protein, is easy to digest and is a great sustainable source of energy.
In these taco bites you are free to switch out the cauliflower for another vegetable. Any shredded vegetable would most likely work.
You are also free to switch up the spices and make these more like our Cauliflower Pizza Bites if you choose. Feel free to makes these more spicy by adding more hot sauce and serving them with a side of medium or hot salsa.
I know you’re going to love these! Enjoy!
If you love these bites here are some more you will enjoy:
- Quinoa Berry Bliss Bites
- Quinoa Omelette Breakfast Cups
- Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Quinoa Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting
- Gluten-Free Pecan Crusted Coffee Cakes
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, higher in protein, clean, skinny, packed with nutrition and completely guilt free!
Quinoa Taco Bites
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 40 Minutes – Total time: 50 Minutes
Yield: Makes 24 Taco Bites
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Chopped Cauliflower (You can also use zucchini, carrots or any other shredded vegetable)
- 1/2 Cup Drained 1% Cottage Cheese (or Dry Curd)
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Taco Spice
- 1/2 Cup Daiya Vegan Cheese (or you can use Hard Cheddar Cheese or Parmesan Cheese)
- 1 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/8 Cup Salsa
- 1 Small Firm Avocado (Diced)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Spray mini muffin tin with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Place egg whites, cauliflower, cottage cheese, onion, taco spice and hot sauce into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove and place in a bowl. Add in the avocado, salsa, cheese and quinoa.
- Mix ingredients gently and completely.
- Scoop ingredients into your mini muffin tin and pat down evenly.
- Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes (until bites are golden brown).
- Remove from oven and let set in the muffin tin before removing for 10 minutes.
- To remove – gently take a butter knife around the edges of your bites to release them from your tin.
- Serve and enjoy!