I am so thrilled with this recipe! To me this is a perfect dessert to serve for any summer occasion.
The crust is sweet and rich. It is almost chewy in the middle like a warm cookie! The strawberry filling is sweet with that bit of kick of the balsamic that makes this a more mature layered dessert. I just love it!
This is going to be my summer treat option, hands down!
I left options for you to use our coconut whipped cream to top these off that will still keep these dairy free. This recipe is sure to please everyone. I highly recommend making it!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, grain free, almost raw, sweet, fresh and the perfect individual summer pie.
Strawberry Balsamic Pies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 10 Minutes – Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12 Mini Pies
- 2 Cups Whole Strawberries (Full to the top)
- 1 Tbsp Agave (Or 4 Packets of Stevia)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Cut freshly washed strawberries into tiny pieces.
- Place all ingredients above in a bowl and gently mix completely.
- Let marinade while you prepare the crusts.
- Using the recipe found here prepare your pie crusts.
- Using a muffin tin (I used one with serrated edges) press dough down evenly creating miniature pie crusts.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (until your crust is golden brown).
- Remove crust from oven, press centers down if needed and let completely cool in the pan before removing.
- Using a butter knife gently remove crusts from the edge of the pan and pop out on to a plate.
- Fill with strawberry balsamic mixture and top with our coconut whipped cream if desired (found here).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: for leftovers leave pies unassembled storing crust and pie filling separately. Assemble just before serving – keep both in the refrigerator.