I love apple crisp! I’m not going to go as far to say that this is as good as my Mother’s Apple Crisp but it is a close second! And, it is almost guilt-free. As far as dessert goes this is an awesome option.
In making this recipe for the photos below I ran out of my coconut oil and ended up using Olive Oil. It turned out just as delicious. So, if you don’t have any coconut oil no worries simply use your olive oil.
For the ice cream I love using our Coconut Ice Cream. What I do with the ice cream for this recipe is add some extra cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. I am telling you the combination of this apple crisp and the coconut ice cream with the extra spices is to-die-for! Please, please make it!
If you are a whip cream person feel free to use our Coconut Whipped Cream found here.
I hope you enjoy this warm, comforting dessert as much as we do!
Vegan Gluten Free Apple Crisp
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 30 Minutes – Total time: 40 Minutes
Yield: Makes 3 Servings
- 3 Large Apples (Peeled and Sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Heaping Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp Agave (You can use Honey, Maple Syrup or Stevia to taste)
- 1/3 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl toss sliced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 tbsp of agave.
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Add apple mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
- While apples are baking mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- If you are using the coconut oil just break it up and mix it in as well as you can.
- After baking the apples for 10 minutes remove them from the oven. Sprinkle and spread the topping mixture over the apples.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- You will know the Apple Crisp is done when it is golden brown.
- Place in a bowl, top with our Coconut Cream Ice Cream and serve immediately!