I know many of you beg for me to do more savoury recipes. I have to be honest, it does not come the most naturally to me. I make many things for breakfast, lunch and dinner and never think to photograph them! This time I remembered!
These Quinoa Omelette Cups are an awesome Breakfast or snack recipe. This recipe is extremely lean, loaded with fiber, contains quinoa and lean protein. To me it is perfect!
Note - If you are meat eater feel free to add in some chicken or turkey to this recipe if you wish. Also, feel free to shake up the vegetables. I literally used what was in my refrigerator. Other veggies I would add to this if I would have had them on hand would have been:
If you love these bites here are some more you will enjoy:
- Quinoa Taco Bites
- Quinoa Berry Bliss Bites
- Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Quinoa Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting
- Gluten-Free Pecan Crusted Coffee Cakes
This recipe is clean, gluten free, high fiber, lean, grain free, easy, different and extremely delicious.
Quinoa Omelette Breakfast Cups
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 40 Minutes – Total time: 50 Minutes.
Yield: 24 Mini Cups or 12 Regular Cups (+ 1 Ramekin)
- 2 Cups Cooked and Cooled Quinoa
- 1 Cup Egg Whites
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 Cups Diced Veggies (*see my list below)
- 1/2 Cup Daiya Vegan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper (if desired)
- 1 Cup Mixed Bell Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Onion
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Cauliflower
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- Place eggs and egg whites in a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Stir in veggies, spices, cheese and quinoa (all other ingredients).
- Spray your muffin tin with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop quinoa omelette mixture evenly into muffin tins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- I had left-over mixture so I took a ramekin, filled it up with the rest and baked it alongside the muffins. It was the perfect breakfast to reheat for the next day.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool in muffin tin.
- Using a knife release the edges of the omelette cups and remove.
- Serve and enjoy!