This recipe is so exciting! First off, it tastes amazing.
Secondly, there is no added sugar! There is an option to add some stevia but it is not necessary.
Thirdly, this recipe is jam-packed with healthy foods! Chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, coconut oil are the powerhouse foods of this recipe.
This recipe is a must-make!
This recipe is gluten free, vegan, raw, no added sugar, high fiber, packed with nutrients, loaded with superfoods, cool, creamy and the perfect healthy banana cream pie!
Healthy Chocolate Banana Cream Pie (GF, Raw and Vegan)
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 8-12 Slices
Banana Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup Natural Cashew Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia (or to taste – Optional)
Chocolate Crust Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Pitted Soft Dates
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- Dash of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Banana
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Ganache
- Place all Banana Cream Filling ingredients into your food processor and blend until bananas are completely smooth.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place all Crust ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth dough.
- Spray your 8 inch pie plate with a non stick healthy oil.
- Using your hands press dough down evenly.
- Scrape Banana Cream Filling over the crust.
- Place desired amount of coconut whipped cream (found here) in the middle of the pie.
- Place banana slices around the outside edge of the pie.
- Drizzle pie with chocolate ganache (found here).
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Remove, cut into slices and serve.
DAMY Members – 1-2 slices of pie is a great treat!
hi may i know for the
Banana Cream Filling Ingredients,what can i substitute coconut milk with ?
can I substitute almond flour with oat flour?
I can’t even keep track of all the recipes I want to try from your site. Awesome. Love them all and need to find the time to make them!
would love to have a list of what’s in your pantry! 🙂
I made this yesterday for my dad for Father’s Day – it was amazing!!! I had to substitute a couple things – coconut butter for cashew butter – more flax seeds for the hemp – but I had all the rest in the cupboard! I was pretty happy with that and other than it not coming out of the plate easily – looked a bit mashed up – it tasted awesome!! If I had more room in the freezer I would have put in in there for a bit – and I didn’t have time to get the coconut milk in the fridge overnight for the whipped cream – but it set up ok after I ‘poured’ it on the pie. LOVE this recipe!! Will definitely make it again!
this is so wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing!!! OX
Wanted to ask if the banana is needed in the crust? I think it made mine too moist and gooey vs a crumbly crust. Is that banana for the discs around the pie? I did that too. Other than the gooey texture, the pie tasted fantastic!
Hi Sharon, Oh shoot! The banana is to be used as a topping around the edge. It is not included in the crust.