I love these. They are simple to prepare and taste delicious. My favorite way to prepare these is topped or layered with peanuts. Enjoy these straight out of the freezer for the best texture.
I love that I now have a healthy version of a caramel to turn to. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.
This recipe is vegan, raw, gluten free, no bake, 5 minute prep and the prefect natural, homemade chocolate caramel.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Caramels
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12-15 Chocolate Caramels
- 1 Cup Pre-Soaked Dates
- 3 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-made Coconut Oil Chocolate (found here)
- Nuts (if desired)
- Place all caramel ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Prepare your coconut oil chocolate layer (instructions here).
- I did this recipe two different ways. One way is to use a mini silicone muffin tin by layering the chocolate then caramel then chocolate again.
- The other way I did this was by placing a plate in the freezer for a few minutes, taking it out and layering the chocolates the same way on the plate.
- No matter how you prepare them stick them into the freezer for a couple hours so that they can set.
- Remove them gently as the caramel is still quite creamy.
- Feel free to layer nuts in the caramel layer or just simply on top.
DAMY Members - 4 chocolate caramels is a great treat.