This recipe is my new go-to when craving Mexican! The cashew cheese is creamy and satisfying. The walnut “beef” is just like the original Raw Veggie Ground “Beef” but with some Mexican spices. This recipe is really quick and has a huge payoff in flavor. It’s just so satisfying!
I’m currently one week into the 21 Day Vegan Cleanse Challenge. I love doing the cleanse a few times per year to reset my body and my mind. It always leads to better digestion, clearer skin, better sleeps and decreased cravings. You should join me any time you need a reboot!
I was in a hotel for all of last week. I’m excited to report it was shockingly easy to maintain the Raw Lifestyle while on the road. I’m going to do a full post on this very soon.
I’ve been finding this challenge so fun. I feel much more connected to my food and my body. I just overall feel more alive. Let me know all the great things you are experiencing during this challenge in the comments below.
This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten free, clean, high fiber, nutrient dense and the healthiest Mexican dish.
Raw Vegan Tostada
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: Makes 3-4 Servings
Walnut Mexican “Beef” Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Walnuts (Ground in your food processor)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 Tbsp Nama Shoyu (Soy Sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 1 Cup Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 8 Large Romaine or Spinach Leaves
- Pre-made Fresh Salsa
Cashew Cheese Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Nama Shoyu (Soy Sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/4 Cups Raw Cashews (or Macadamia Nuts)
- In a small mixing bowl combine ground walnuts, cumin, chili powder, coriander and two tbsp of nama shoyu. Mix well.
- In your food processor blend Cashew Cheese ingredients until smooth.
- On a plate lay out two large romaine or spinach leaves. Top with 1/3 of the cashew cheese.
- Layer walnut “beef,” salsa and shredded lettuce.
- Serve and enjoy!