Oh how I love this recipe!
If you love salty, sweet and crunchy combinations this recipe is going to be heaven for you. The roasted chickpeas have a crunchy, buttery, salty flavor that combines perfectly with the rich, decadent coconut oil chocolate.
It’s just simply amazing.
Feel free to add spice to this recipe like chili powder to make it hot or add extra sweetness by sprinkling on some shredded coconut. You can feel great about this treat knowing that all the ingredients are pure and have great health benefits.
Make this recipe for your next movie date!
Love roasted chickpeas? Here are some more of our favorite roasted chickpea recipes:
- Sweet with Heat Roasted Chickpeas
- Basic Roasted Chickpeas
- Candied Roasted Chickpeas
- Spicy Lime Roasted Chickpeas
- Sweet Peach and Spicy Chickpea Salad
- High Protein Vegan Fiesta Salad
Love the combination of savoury and sweet? Check out these unique recipes:
- Chocolate Guacamole and Homemade Spicy Chips
- The 9 Best Hummus Recipes (and homemade ezekiel chips)
- Healthy Chocolate Tacos (Dessert Tacos)
- Guilt-Free Sweet Potato Chipotle Tater Tots
Chocolate Covered Roasted Chickpeas
Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 30 Minutes – Total time: 35 Minutes
Yield: Makes 2 Servings.
- 1 Can (540ml/19oz) Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted – You can use any healthy oil of choice)
- Dash of Sea Salt
- *If you want to make these hot feel free to add some chili powder
- 1/4 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/8 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Natural Maple Syrup
- *Feel free to decorate these with shredded coconut, crushed nuts or any added flavor of choice.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Place all chickpea ingredients in a bowl and stir until chickpeas are completely coated.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet evenly distribute chickpeas (single layer).
- Place in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes stirring 2-3 times or until chickpeas are completely crunchy.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
- Place all chocolate ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over cool chickpeas.
- Feel free to place this dish in the refrigerator for a few moments to let the chocolate harden.
- Sprinkle on sea salt and any other toppings you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!