This Creamy Vegan Sundried Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce is delicious! I can’t get over how simple it is to make and how powerful the flavors are.
This is a very versitile recipe that can be used for many things.
If you are looking to make this as a pasta here are some great noodle options:
Low Carb Cooked Noodle Option (Gluten Free, Vegan, High Fiber)
- Spaghetti Squash – I love using spaghetti squash as a noodle. It is low-carb, sweet and so tasty. Here’s how to make spaghetti squash.
Raw Noodle Option (Low Carb, Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Calorie)
Simply use zucchini to form your noodles. Here are a couple options for how to make zucchini noodles:
Store-Bought Noodle Options (Low Carb, No-Cook, High Fiber, Gluten Free)
These two products are low calorie, low carb, high fiber, require no cooking and come in a package. Talk about fast, simple convienence. You can find more info about them linked here:
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, raw options, grain free, dairy free, creamy, fresh and delicious!
Creamy Vegan Sundried Tomato and Basil Pasta
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Yield: Makes 3-4 Servings
- 1 1/2 Cups Chickpeas (Cooked or Soaked)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
- 5 Chopped Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Handful Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (If you don’t like hot either cut down this amount or just use a dash of salt in its place)
- 2-4 Cups Noodles (see options above)
- Place chickpeas, olive oil and hot sauce into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until blended yet still chunks of green and red remain.
- Scoop out and top over pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!
DAMY Members – 1 Serving is 1/2 Cup of pasta sauce and 1 cup of noodles. If vegan or vegetarian add 1 cup of veggies and this meal can be used for meal 3 or 5.
For non-vegetarians you can have this option for meal 3 – just add your veggies and 3 oz of protein. If you want to use the sauce for meal 5 use 1/4 cup over your pasta options listed above, add a cup of veggies, a side salad and your 3 oz of protein.