This recipe is so easy. It is delicious, fast, simple and just tastes amazing! I love making desserts with lime. I just feel like it is the perfect combination with sweet.
I wanted to make these Key Lime Pie Macaroons vegan and raw. I have made other great Key Lime Pie Desserts but they have not been vegan. I like to shake it up and cover everyone’s eating concerns.
Here are some past Key Lime Pie inspired recipes:
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Healthy Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Larabars
- Key Lime Pie Protein Balls
- Key Lime Pie Parafait
- Raw Lime Mousse Pie
- Key Lime Truffles
This recipe is gluten free, vegan, raw, grain free, dairy free, sweet, tangy and delicious!
Key Lime Pie Macaroons (& Lemon Meringue Pie)
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 15 Macaroons
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Pre-soaked Dates
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Grond Flax (or Hemp Seeds)
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- Juice of 1 Lime (or Lemon if you are making Lemon Meringue)
- Zest of 1 Lime (or Lemon if you are making Lemon Meringue)
- *To add extra health benefits add 2 tsp of Maca Powder
- Place almonds, vanilla, salt, agave, lemon juice and flax into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into your food processor with blended ingredients and pulse until mixed.
- Using a melon baller scoop out macaroons onto a plate or into a container.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *Tip – Store in a sealed-tight container in the refrigerator.
DAMY Members – 3 of these little bites of goodness is a great meal 2 snack (unless you are on the last 4 weeks of the Bikini Body).