This recipe is a mash-up of two awesome recipes I shared this week.
This recipe is delicious paired with tea or coffee.
By simply placing the dipped gingerbread biscotti in the refrigerator you will set the frosting into a hard coating. My appologies for the photos. They do not do this recipe justice. By the time I got to take photos of this recipe the only bits left were the end pieces, lol. Lets just say this was a hit!
This is a the perfect Coffee or Tea Treat for this Fall season!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, perfect paired with tea or coffee.
Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Biscotti (Vegan & GF)
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 55 Minutes – Total time: 65 Minutes
Yield: Makes 6-8 Servings
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 Cup Pure Coconut Sap Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Thick, Creamy and Rich Chocolate Frosting
- Set ground flax in a dish with the 3 tbsp of water. Let set until gelatin consistency.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides).
- Place mixture unto a pre-greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Place dish into oven and bake for 35-37 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let dish and cake completely cool before cutting.
- Gently cut into biscotti slices. Place on a parchement lined baking sheet. Place back into the oven for 20 minutes turning biscotti at the 10 minute mark.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Gently dip each biscotti in your chocolate frosting. Place dipped biscotti in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set.
- Remove from refrigerator, serve and enjoy!