For anyone that enjoys tofu this recipe is for you! It is really simple and so good. These Spicy Basil Tofu Pizza Strips are little pieces of tofu heaven. The flavors are so simple yet so complementary.
You can serve this dish along side of vegetables, in quinoa or with a fabulous dip. I love that this recipe explodes with flavor without any dairy. The basil on top of these pizza strips crisps-up like kale chips – just amazing!
The spicy sauce with nutritional yeast just gives these so much flavor. I love adding nutritional yeast to add that cheese flavor without dairy. Nutritional yeast contains many health benefits but one I rely on it for is B12. For anyone vegan or vegetarian this is very important.
Again, have fun with this recipe and use the ingredients to your personal preference (more or less as shown in the photos).
This recipe goes amazing with our Creamy Cheese and Chive Dip (found here) and our Raw Sundried Tomato and Cashew Cheese (found here).
This recipe can also be enjoyed with any of our Hummus Recipes found here – The 9 Best Hummus Recipes.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, low-carb, added B12, delicious and easy!
Spicy Basil Tofu Pizza Strips
Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 25 Minutes – Total time: 30 Minutes
Yield: Makes 3-4 Servings
- 1 Package Medium Firm Tofu
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Nutritional Yeast (Optional)
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Thinly slice tofu into strips.
- Place tofu on a parchment-lined baking sheet or a baking stone.
- Top tofu with basil.
- Spray with olive oil.
- Drizzle with hot sauce and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes (or until crispy).
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- Tip – Using a spray bottle for your olive oil is really helpful. Use the listed ingredients to your preferred taste.