With Valentine’s Day around the corner I wanted to do a new chocolate strawberry recipe. For some reason brownies, coffee flavors, strawberries and sugar all remind me of Valentine’s Day.
So, I took those key ingredients and created these rich, thick dark chocolate espresso brownies and this sweet vegan cream frosting that is strawberry flavored.
This recipe is fun and perfect for an adult Valentine’s Day Dessert.
Don’t love strawberry frosting? Check out this chocolate fudge icing:
For more delicious healthy brownie recipes check out these recipes:
- Two-Bite Turtle Brownies
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Blondie Brownies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, high fiber, added energy and rich coffee flavor.
Dark Chocolate Espresso Brownies with Strawberry Cream Filling (Gluten-Free, Grain-free & Dairy-Free)
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 30 Minutes – Total time: 40 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12-16 Brownies
- 1 Can (540 ml) Black Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree (unsweetened apple sauce or mashed banana))
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Instant Coffee (or 1 single Starbucks packet)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cashew Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Hulled Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp Agave Nector (or 3 packets stevia)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- Place all ingredients excluding the chocolate chips into the food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips evenly.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit in the pan for 20 minutes before attempting to remove.
- Using a plate on top of the baking dish flip brownies onto the plate or cooling rack.
- Let cool completely.
- Place all icing ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Cut brownies into desired sizes, ice with strawberry cream, serve and enjoy!
- Tip – Store strawberry cream frosting and brownies in a sealed-tight container in the refrigerator.