This recipe is so delicious, easy and boasts pure, natural flavors. I’m absolutely in love with it! I have been having this for supper a lot lately (this or a massive green salad with my favorite raw dressing).
Making zucchini pasta is super easy. You can choose the method depending on how fancy you want to be.
I’ve been known to just use a simple hand grater to form my noodles when I’m in a rush. A Japanese Mandolin is inexpensive and really easy to use. This is my first favorite option.
If you want to have esthetically beautiful noodles a Spiroli Slicer is the way to go. Again, this is fairly inexpensive.
I hope you enjoy this fresh, delicious recipe as much as I do! For me, with spring I get the natural urge to eat more raw fresh foods. This recipe fits the bill.
This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten free, nutrient dense, high fiber, fat free, low carb, beautiful and delicious!
Raw Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Tomato Sauce
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 2 Servings
- 4 Zucchini
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Orange (Peeled)
- 4-5 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Fresh Pepper to Taste
- Using your chosen method above slice your zucchinis into noodles.
- Once you have made all your noodles squeeze by hand all the excess water out (this step is not necessary but does make the noodles more firm and pasta-like).
- Drain water and set aside.
- Place orange, garlic and tomatoes into your food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Add in spices and basil and pulse.
- Place zucchini pasta on two separate plates, top with your pasta sauce, serve and enjoy!
DAMY Members - One serving is perfect for your vegetable portion of your supper. You may find this meal is filling enough on its own for supper. You can also use this recipe at lunch or for any snack.